Join us in Episode 7 of The Horn Call Podcast for a discussion about "Innovation in Horn Teaching and Performance" with Dr. John Ericson, Professor of Music at Arizona State University, and co-founder of Horn Matters.
- John's 30 Modern Preparatory Etudes book
- How he wrote his own etudes
- Challenging conventional wisdom in brass pedagogy
- Mouthpiece pressure
- A mouthpiece change can help!
- Stainless steel and brass mouthpieces
- Metal allergies
- Now is a “Golden Age” for equipment
- Innovation in chamber music
- Dr. Ericson takes a sabbatical!