In this Bonus Episode, I speak with the hosts of the 2021 Northeast Horn Workshop, Jonas Thoms and Albert Houde. The 2021 NEHW will take place March 25-28, and features an impressive list of guest artists as well as numerous collaborating artists, presentations, and more.
- Making the transition from an in-person workshop to a virtual one
- Advantages to the virtual format
- Biggest challenges of the format and what they are doing to address them
- When it comes to virtual workshops, “Don’t just observe, engage.”
- Horn Teaching Project
- Albert will be premiering a new piece he commissioned from Frank Gulino at the NEHW